Your help is needed to let our lawmakers know how important adequate funding is to our schools. All MB parents are encouraged to take these steps this week to help our schools during this budget downturn and time of uncertainty.
It is up to us. We have the power in our local community to affect change. It won’t come from just one person or one effort, it will take our entire community to recognize the power in our hands. Thank you for your support.
- Write emails to local, state and federal representatives showing your support
- Advocate by contacting our local representatives – senator Senator Ben Allen (https://sd26.senate.ca.gov/contact/message) and Assemblymember Al Muratsuchi (https://lcmspubcontact.lc.ca.gov/PublicLCMS/ContactPopup.php?district=AD66) – regarding Governor Newsom’s revised budget.
- Contact the CA Budget Committee, the CA Budget Subcommittee on Education and CA State Education Committee requesting support of schools (SBUD.Committee@senate.ca.gov, email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com )
- Example letter can be found here
- Ask our representative to include schools in the next COVID-19 Relief Package. Use the following link to easily submit a letter:https://www.votervoice.net/CAPTA/campaigns/74058/respond
- Support MBEF locally to help raise money that will directly impact our next academic year: Raise Your Paddle now or attend the virtual Manhattan Wine Auction
More information to help you get informed on school funding can be found on MBUSD’s Budget News and Information. Read more on Financing California’s Public Schools from the Public Policy Institute of California.